Uses of injection moulding
Plastic Injection Moulding can seem like a complicated process when you first hear about it. You might think at first glance that the products made from this method are all highly technical and specialised for big industries and companies.
Moldwel plastic injection moulders were formed in 1973 and over the years we have seen and been part of how, Plastic Injection Moulding has evolved and now makes a range of products, and many of them are things that you use in your everyday life.
This type of manufacturing process was once used to create buttons and combs, but now it is being used to produce a wide range of items for many industries including:
- Consumer Products
- Plumbing and many more.
It’s pretty certain that you have at least one, if not more items in your home, or even a product that you use every day has a high chance of including a component that was produced using plastic injection moulding.
Some of the uses of injection moulding include:
- Mobile Phone – Though not every phone is made of plastic, the majority of smartphones have some tiny piece inside or out that will have been created by plastic injection moulding.
- Car Interiors – The dashboard of a car is a carefully crafted piece of equipment that is made via plastic injection moulding. Not to mention the various internal pieces that have been made the same way.
- Computers – If you’re reading this on the computer, it’s thanks to plastic injection moulding. Your computer casing and keyboards were all likely made through this process.
- Kitchen Utensils – Your plastic cups, bowls, plates, lids and eating utensils will have been forged from plastic injection moulding for the extra precision needed for the designs.
- Home Décor – Even just the day-to-day Knick knacks around the house are made through plastic injection moulding.
As you can see, the number of products range from the tiny and complicated parts that go into mobile phone and computers, to large and simple designs like Tupper wear and push pins. The way Plastic Injection Moulding works allows for miniscule amounts of detail, or for large, strong creations. Without Plastic Injection Moulding, your everyday life would look entirely different.
Get in touch with our friendly team
Here at Moldwel, we are a small, efficient, customer friendly company. We put the customer first, our phones are on 24/7 allowing our customers to get in contact with us at any time. For more information on our services or if you have any enquiries, contact us today.
You might like to read our previous article.. 4 Types of Plastic Moulding..